the republic logo

Fire marshal: 58-year-old woman dead, man hospitalized in Danbury house fire

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

DANBURY, New Hampshire — The New Hampshire fire marshal is identifying the woman who died and man who was injured in a Danbury house fire Thursday night.

State Fire Marshal William Degnan says autopsy results confirm the woman who died was 58-year-old Susan Martin. Hospitalized with burns was 63-year-old Dean Martin.

The medical examiner reports that the cause of Susan Martin's death is accidental by smoke inhalation.

Authorities say the fire was called in at about 8 p.m. Thursday and may be linked to a wood stove and chimney.

Firefighters arrived to find the house at 24 Railroad Drive on fire and Dean Martin being assisted by neighbors.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.