BARRE, Vermont — A working sprinkler system in a fourth-floor apartment has been credited with saving an historic building in Barre, Vermont
The fire department said Thursday the fire started when items being cooked were left unattended on the stove in the building, known as the Bolster Block.
No injuries were reported and two residents were temporarily displaced.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.