the republic logo

Man flown to hospital after being rescued from a basement fire in Frederick town house

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

FREDERICK, Maryland — A man has been flown to the hospital after being rescued from a town house fire in Frederick.

The Frederick News-Post reports (http://bit.ly/1Bp7qgR ) the unidentified man was flown to R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center on Tuesday evening, according to the chief of the Division of Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services Chip Jewell.

Jewell says the extent of the man's injuries is unknown.

A call for a house fire on Merganser Court was received about 7 p.m. Upon arrival, responders found smoke coming from the basement.

Jewell says the man was rescued from the basement.

Jewell says the Frederick County fire marshal is investigating the fire and has requested assistance from the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.


Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.