the republic logo

Family displaced in Bennington house fire

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

BENNINGTON, Vermont — A family in Bennington, Vermont, has been displaced after their house was damaged in a fire.

No injuries were reported in the fire Monday. The Bennington Banner reports (http://bit.ly/Jea059) the home belongs to Ron Harrington, who said his wife alerted him to smoke in the basement, where there is a wood stove. Harrington said he went downstairs and saw the basement was on fire.

A garage on the property burned down earlier this year; the family rebuilt it.

The cause of the fire wasn't immediately known.


Information from: Bennington Banner, http://www.benningtonbanner.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.