MACON, Georgia — Macon police say they suspect that a space heater caused a fire that claimed the life of an 86-year-old woman at her home.
Police identified the woman as Eleanor Stranahan, who died in the Thursday blaze on Alfred Drive. They say she was unable to flee her home due to physical difficulties.
Police say the fire is believed to have been accidental.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Note: All comments left on our sites are first reviewed by an automated comment moderation system. Your comment may take up to 5 minutes to appear. If for any reason your comment can not be approved you will receive an email from this system with a detailed explanation.
Story copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.