the republic logo

Giants 2B Marco Scutaro says he'll start the season on the disabled list

Share/Save/Bookmark

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona — San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro says he will begin the season on the disabled list.

Scutaro has been sidelined for most of the spring with back problems.

The Giants didn't make an official announcement before their game against Colorado on Wednesday. But the 38-year-old Scutaro says he is likely to remain in Arizona for more treatment when the team breaks camp.

Scutaro was plagued by back stiffness for most of the 2013 season. He had a couple of epidural injections earlier this spring and recently had a cortisone injection.

Scutaro's situation likely will leave Joaquin Arias as the starting second baseman. Arias started at third base on Wednesday, with Pablo Sandoval nursing a small cut in his hand.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.