PORTLAND, Maine — Opponents of a high-rise development in Portland's Bayside neighborhood say the city destroyed audio recordings of Planning Board meetings and failed to keep meeting minutes.
Keep Portland Livable, a group of residents and businesses challenging the city's approval of four 165-foot tall residential towers, said the records either don't exist or were "mysteriously erased."
Co-founder Peter Monro said Keep Portland Livable made a formal request for the materials when it was preparing its lawsuit, filed Wednesday.
The Portland Press Herald (http://bit.ly/1gySLai ) reports that co-founder Tim Paradis called it "disgraceful."
A city official has previously said that recordings for five meetings in 2013 were accidentally erased.
Keep Portland Livable is challenging the $105 million project on the basis that it does not conform to the city's comprehensive plan or land use code.
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com