the republic logo

3 teens to be tried as adults in kidnapping of 84-year-old woman

Share/Save/Bookmark

WILMINGTON, Delaware — A Superior Court judge has ruled that three teenagers will be tried as adults in the kidnapping of an 89-year-old woman.

The News Journal reports (http://delonline.us/1pRN3T6 ) that Judge Richard Stokes ruled Wednesday that due to the seriousness of the crime the trials should stay in Superior Court.

Attorneys argued their clients, who are charged with carjacking, kidnapping and conspiracy, should be tried in Family Court. A fourth teen agreed to plead guilty and testify at the trials.

The woman told police that two girls forced her into the trunk of her car last year, after she gave them a ride. Authorities said the teens drove around for days with the woman in the trunk before leaving her in a graveyard. Police say they later found the teens in her car.


Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware, http://www.delawareonline.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.