the republic logo

New York boy alerts family to smoke, saves neighbor from early morning apartment fire

Share/Save/Bookmark

CLIFTON PARK, New York — State troopers are calling a 3-year-old upstate New York boy a hero after he helped save a sleeping neighbor from a fire.

Troopers say the boy woke up family members around 5 a.m. Saturday after smelling smoke at their Clifton Park apartment complex.

Two troopers and a fire chief responded to the family's 911 call and found a 26-year-old man asleep in his neighboring apartment as his kitchen burned.

Troopers say the man had fallen asleep after starting his stove. He was treated at the scene and released.

They say damage was contained to the one apartment and no other injuries were reported.

Clifton Park is located in Saratoga County, about 25 miles north of Albany.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.