the republic logo

Bourbon Street shooting suspect asks appeals court for quicker hearing, subpoena power

Share/Save/Bookmark

NEW ORLEANS — A state appeals court has been asked to move up a preliminary hearing for Trung Le, the only suspect arrested so far in connection with a Bourbon Street gunfight that left a bystander dead.

A judge in New Orleans last week refused to move the 20-year-old Le's hearing up from Aug. 26. He also denied defense lawyer Martin Regan's motion to subpoena videos from French Quarter businesses.

After first insisting Le was not one of the shooters whose bullets hit 10 people on June 29, Regan later said there is evidence that Le fired in self-defense after another man pulled and aimed a handgun.

Regan said there is evidence the fatal bullet wasn't fired by Le.

Le is being held without bond, booked with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.