the republic logo

Issaquah family in hospital recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning from van left running


ISSAQUAH, Washington — Authorities say a family of six is recovering in the hospital from carbon monoxide poisoning after a van was accidentally left running in their garage.

KING-TV reports ( ) fire officials were called to the Issaquah home on Saturday morning because someone was feeling ill. They discovered everyone in the family had similar symptoms. And then they noticed a chemical odor. A hazmat team found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

Deputy Chief Michael Boyle of Eastside Fire & Rescue says the team discovered a van that had been left running inside of the garage accidentally and the carbon monoxide came into the house.

The van had a push button ignition. A driver can take the keys, but forget to push the button to turn the car off.

Information from: KING-TV,

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)


Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.