the republic logo

Authorities say fire at Omaha house that displaced 9 was caused by candle

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

OMAHA, Nebraska — Authorities say a fire at an Omaha house that displaced a family of nine was caused by a candle.

Battalion Chief Timothy McCaw with the Omaha Fire Department says an unattended candle in a bedroom caused the Thursday night fire at a single-family house in north Omaha.

Two adults and five children were inside at the time and were able to escape safely. Two other adults were not home. The American Red Cross is assisting them.

The fire caused more than $18,000 in damages.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.