ATLANTA — Authorities are investigating a deadly house fire in southwest Atlanta.
Atlanta Fire Rescue officials say firefighters were called to the Lawton Avenue home around 12:10 a.m. They found the male homeowner unconscious, in a rear bedroom. CBS Atlanta reports (http://bit.ly/1cmmCh5) that he suffered from burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital but later died.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained to the bathroom. Firefighters also found a dog in the kitchen. It was unharmed in the fire and turned over to animal control.
Information from: WGCL-TV, http://www.cbsatlanta.com/index.html
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Note: All comments left on our sites are first reviewed by an automated comment moderation system. Your comment may take up to 5 minutes to appear. If for any reason your comment can not be approved you will receive an email from this system with a detailed explanation.
Story copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.