the republic logo

Family goes out for dinner 10 minutes before house explodes, propane leak may be to blame

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

DANVILLE, New Hampshire — A New Hampshire family says their lives may have been spared by their decision to go out for dinner 10 minutes before an explosion rocked their house.

A fire department chief believes a propane gas leak caused an explosion at the 300-year-old home in Danville.

The explosion happened at about 7:15 p.m. Monday.

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1x63jI3) the Fosters, who had just restored the home, had left for dinner shortly before the explosion.

No one was hurt and there was no fire.

Danville Fire Department Chief Steve Woitkun said the second floor is collapsing.

The state fire marshal's office has been called to investigate.


Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.