the republic logo

8 displaced by Manchester apartment house fire

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — A late-night fire has displaced eight tenants of an apartment house in Manchester.

Firefighters were called to the multi-family apartment building just after 11 p.m. Friday.

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1yvKnTA ) that firefighters used a ladder to rescue a man who was hanging outside of a window asking for help.

The fire chief says the fire was caused by careless disposal of smoking material.


Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.