the republic logo

Plaquemine High School student booked on terrorism counts in bomb threat calls to school

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

PLAQUEMINE, Louisiana — The Iberville Parish Sheriff's Office says a 15-year-old Plaquemine High School student accused of calling in bomb threats to his school has been arrested and booked on two counts of terrorizing.

The Sheriff's Office says in a news release the 15-year-old was booked into the Assumption Parish Juvenile Center Wednesday on two counts of terrorizing. It says the teen placed a 911 call on Tuesday claiming a bomb had been planted at Plaquemine High School. Superintendent Ed Cancienne canceled classed that day to ensure the safety of students.

The release says the teen called in a similar threat on Dec. 14 as well. On that occasion, classes were only cancelled for a few hours while sheriff's deputies searched the campus and found no bomb.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.