AUGUSTA, Maine — The state has released some information about a proposed health insurance plan being put together by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and MaineHealth after a hospital group sued to make it public.
The state Tuesday made public the list of doctors and hospitals that Anthem will allow patients to use in its proposed plan.
Lewiston-based Central Maine Healthcare filed suit last week against the superintendent of the Bureau of Insurance and the Maine Department of Professional and Financial Regulation.
The suit called the proposed plan a "back-room deal" and said it could limit patient choice and force some to change doctors.
Anthem did not oppose the release of the information.
A Central Maine Healthcare spokesman says the lawsuit will move forward because more information needs to be made public.