the republic logo

Eastpointe man withdraws no contest plea, faces trial in wife's 2013 shooting death

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan — A suburban Detroit man charged with second-degree murder has withdrawn his plea and decided to go to trial in his wife's shooting death.

The Macomb Daily reports (http://bit.ly/1wjtlW5 ) 47-year-old Anthony Webster told a Macomb County judge Wednesday that he wanted to withdraw the no contest plea he entered in October. His wife, 33-year-old Christina Lazzana-Webster, was killed in January 2013 and her body was found in the couple's Eastpointe home. They owned Big Top Popcorn in Eastpointe.

Webster was set to receive a minimum sentence of eight years in prison plus an extra two years for a felony firearm charge in the October deal with prosecutors. Webster learned he faced an additional four years after sentencing guidelines were calculated earlier this month.

His attorney says Webster denies any culpability in the death.


Information from: The Macomb Daily, http://www.macombdaily.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.