the republic logo

Man killed in Woodstock house fire; woman rescued treated for smoke inhalation

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

WOODSTOCK, Connecticut — An unidentified man has died in a house fire in Woodstock.

Town Fire Marshal Dick Baron said the Sunday night fire left one man dead. A neighbor rescued a female resident and hospitalized for smoke inhalation.

Fighting the fire was made more difficult by icing and a live power line.

The house was destroyed.

Fire officials are investigating and no other details were immediately available Monday morning.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.