the republic logo

2 roof workers injured when house explodes in Firestone

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

FIRESTONE, Colorado — Two roof workers were injured when the second floor of a house in Firestone exploded while they were working.

Authorities say the explosion on Saturday blew out the windows of the second story of the home.

Both workers were taken to a local hospital for treatment. The extent of their injuries was not available.

The homeowner was in the basement at the time of the explosion and was uninjured.

Authorities say the explosion may have been caused by natural gas.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.