the republic logo

Pawtucket resident hospitalized after Sunday afternoon fire

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island — A person has been hospitalized following a fire at a multi-family home.

WPRI-12 reports (http://bit.ly/1HlQ7zu) that a fire started in a first floor apartment at 31 Grove St. at around 2 p.m. Sunday.

The fire was quickly contained but a resident of that apartment, who was not identified, was taken to Rhode Island Hospital in Providence with known injuries.

Firefighters told the news station that the second floor apartment suffered smoke damage and that residents of that unit will not be able to return tonight.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.