the republic logo

Seattle family of 3 sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from faulty furnace

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

SEATTLE — The Seattle Fire Department advises residents to protect themselves from carbon monoxide poisoning by installing a detector in their home for the colorless, odorless gas.

A family of three was sickened by fumes Thursday and firefighters responded to their 911 call. They found a woman and 10-year-old daughter outside the house but the father was in the basement. All three were given oxygen and transported to a hospital to be checked.

Firefighters discovered the carbon monoxide was coming from a faulty furnace in the basement.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.