the republic logo

Police: Carbon monoxide poisoning investigated in death of Indiana man in Michigan home

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan — A 43-year-old man has died -- possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning -- in southwestern Michigan.

Cass County Sheriff Joseph Underwood Jr. says the incident was reported about 5:30 a.m. Friday at a home in Jefferson Township, southwest of Grand Rapids.

Paramedics found Andrew Weston of Columbus, Indiana, unresponsive in the basement. He was later pronounced dead. An autopsy will be performed to determine his exact cause of death.

Two adults and three young children were found on the first and second floors. They also appeared to be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and were taken to area hospitals for treatment.

Police say an initial investigation indicates the source of carbon monoxide may have been an enclosed pool heating and boiler system adjacent to the basement.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.