the republic logo

Grease, not pizza boxes, believed to have started fire that 2 apartments in Castle Rock

Share/Save/Bookmark

CASTLE ROCK, Colorado — Firefighters believe a pan of grease left on a stove started a fire that destroyed two apartments in Castle Rock.

A resident initially told firefighters that some pizza boxes near a stove may have ignited Friday's fire but they later determined that wasn't the case.

Two other apartments in the building suffered some fire, smoke and water damage. No one was injured.

It's the third large fire in the Denver metro area this week. Arson is suspected in the two earlier fires.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.