BELTON, South Carolina — A worker has died after an explosion near Belton.
Officials said the explosion occurred around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Mike's Sodablasting and Sandblasting company.
Investigators said it appears the explosion was sparked when a generator caught fire and killed 47-year-old Mike Cowart, who was sandblasting an automobile body behind the building.
He was pronounced dead at an Anderson hospital.
Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown said Cowart inhaled a fatal amount of carbon monoxide through the mask/air supply connected to the generator.
Firefighters from four stations responded to the fire.