LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas — Arkansas officials have resumed reviewing the eligibility of hundreds of thousands of Medicaid recipients.
Arkansas Department of Human Services spokeswoman Kate Luck says the department on Monday reviewed the eligibility of 3,334 recipients. Luck tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (http://bit.ly/1M6MUIQ ) that 22 recipients were found ineligible.
The state had been reviewing the eligibility of more than 600,000 people— most of whom are on the state's compromise Medicaid expansion known as the private option. The reviews were suspended in August so the state could revise its policy on how long a recipient had to prove eligibility.
The state says coverage was canceled for 60,000 recipients — but more than 16,000 had their coverage restored after providing proof of eligibility.
Most kicked off the program lost coverage because they didn't respond in time.
Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.arkansasonline.com