the republic logo

Man, 90, dead apparently from carbon monoxide; police believe he left car running accidentally

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

MONROEVILLE, Pennsylvania — Police believe a 90-year-old man died accidentally after leaving his car running in the attached garage of his home in the Pittsburgh suburbs.

Family members tell Monroeville police the man lived alone. They found him inside another part of his home about 6:15 p.m. Monday.

The Allegheny County medical examiner planned an autopsy on the body of Neil Miele (mee-EL'-ee) Tuesday. But officials suspect he died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police believe he simply forgot to turn off his car after driving home.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.