the republic logo

82-year-old man dies of smoke inhalation in Waupaca County house fire; wife escapes fire

Share/Save/Bookmark

TOWN OF CALEDONIA, Wisconsin — An 82-year-old man has died in a house fire in east-central Wisconsin.

Waupaca County sheriff's officials say Wayne Tesch did not make it out of the house. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by smoke inhalation.

Tesch's 77-year-old wife, Joyce, was taken to the hospital. She was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Firefighters say the fire in rural Fremont started around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters from Fremont and the Town of Dale responded. The fire appears to be accidental and is not considered suspicious, although investigators are still trying to figure out how it started.

Family members tell WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/1dnI4ZT ) the house was a remodeled schoolhouse. The family's dog also died.


Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.