the republic logo

Man shot to death at home in Charlotte; no arrests reported

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Police in Charlotte are investigating the shooting death of a man found in the backyard of a home.

Police told local media outlets the shooting happened shortly after 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. The man died at the scene. His name has not been released.

Capt. Jonathan Thomas said investigators think the man had been in a vehicle when someone else drove alongside and began shooting. They say the man left his vehicle, ran behind a home and collapsed.

Police were looking for witnesses. No arrests have been made.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.