the republic logo

Fire causes $85,000 in damage to home in Wilmington, authorities say it was accidental

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

WILMINGTON, Delaware — Officials in Delaware say a fire that caused an estimated $85,000 in damage to a home in Wilmington was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said Sunday that the fire was caused by a faulty wood-burning fireplace.

The Fire Marshal's Office says Saturday's fire spread to the first and second floors of the home in the 200 block of West Summit Avenue before being contained.

The Fire Marshal's Office says three adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire but no one was injured.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.