MILFORD, Indiana — Investigators say a fire at a northern Indiana auto repair business that killed two people was accidental.
The Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team said Monday that the fire Thursday at Medina's Body Shop in Milford originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the building. It says evidence indicates an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying power to a ceiling light.
Medical examiners say the two victims died of smoke inhalation. They've identified one of the victims as 25-year-old Annalu Nunez. The confirmation of the identity of a man also killed in the fire is pending DNA testing.
Milford is located about 30 miles southeast of South Bend.