the republic logo

Man accused in 2 synthetic drug deaths held on $1 million bond

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

MANKATO, Minnesota — A Mankato man accused of providing the synthetic drugs that killed two people is being held on $1 million bail.

Tyler Caputo was arrested in suburban Chicago last week after leaving Minnesota without the court's permission. The 21-year-old man is facing third-degree murder charges in the deaths of 17-year-old Chloe Moses and 22-year-old Louis Folson. They overdosed on a psychedelic drug in separate incidents in Mankato in March.

Caputo claims the drug changed hands several times before Moses and Folson received it.

Defense attorney Ryan Pacyga says he doesn't think the case rises to the level of murder.

The Free Press (http://bit.ly/1y1U5sm ) says Caputo appeared in Blue Earth County District Court Monday.


Information from: The Free Press, http://www.mankatofreepress.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.