SALEM, Virginia — The Salem fire marshal says improperly discarded smoking materials caused a fire that damaged 20 apartments at a complex.
The fire marshal tells media outlets that the Feb. 14 fire at the Salem Commons complex has been ruled accidental.
The fire displaced more than 40 residents. Four fighters suffered minor injuries.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.