Thrive Alliance will offer the first of a six-part video series called “Help and Hope for Family Caregivers” beginning Thursday, Jan. 20, at 2:30 p.m.
The videos and accompanying workbook address the emotional, physical and logistical demands of caregiving. Each video features interviews with subject matter experts and real-life caregivers. Each program is offered virtually via Zoom and lasts one hour.
Topics covered are:
- Video 1: The Journey of Caregiving – Insights for the road ahead
- Video 2: Ducks in a Row – Understanding and assembling key documents
- Video 3: The feelings of caregiving – Dealing with negative emotions
- Video 4: Oxygen masks – Attend to your needs first
- Video 5: Preventing the unthinkable – How to prevent abuse
- Video 6: Know your resources: Community and social supports for the family caregiver
There is no cost, but registration is required. Call 812-372-6918 ext.2402 or e-mail [email protected] to register or for more information.
The sessions are sponsored in part by Meredith-Clark Funeral Home, Morgantown, IN.
Thrive Alliance’s mission is to improve the quality of life and health for people at risk of losing their independence and to help people get the right information, resources and support needed to live as independently as possible. Thrive serves as Indiana’s Agency on Aging for Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson and Jennings counties.