Orchids to …
• my parents for spanking and slapping my hands in helping me to become the responsible, respectful adult I am now.
• responsible public officials who stand firm in looking out for the taxpayers and not wasting money on proposed overpriced government buildings.
• the nice couple that bought our meal at Cracker Barrel on Wednesday evening, from Gary and Marilyn Cheek.
• MainSource Bank for the timely alert about fraudulent activity on my debit card.
• the inspirational column by Tom Lane in Wednesday’s newspaper, from an Ordinary Jane.
• George Maloof and the Palms Casino Resort for their generous donation of a spectacular lodging and dining package to be auctioned at the upcoming kidscommons Carnivale.
• Dr. Scott Barrix for being such an excellent dentist.
• Jason Williams for your assistance with an appliance repair issue, from Jane Bush.
Onions to …
• the young lady screaming obscenities at the grocery store in front of her child and everyone at the checkouts.
• prospective homebuyers who do not appreciate the many updates done on a house and criticize the improvements.
• the sibling who pacified another sibling and won’t accept forgiveness when there can be peace and happiness in families.
• people who encourage others who clutter up the Orchid column daily.
• … people who send Orchids to themselves.
• the appliance repair service that took my money, didn’t fix the problem and won’t return phone calls.
• train operators who can’t count.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mike Shackelford, from friends and shipping.
• David Cross, from your big sister Sue and Wayne, Cody and Amber Lykins.
• Trudy Coy.
• Judy Castetter.
• Kaydence Barnes, from Grandma Jenni, Mommy, Daddy, Steven, Easton, Stephanie, Jessica, Skyler, Mason and family.
• Deryl Cross, from your big sister Sue and Wayne, Cody and Amber Lykins.
• Maude Alesandro, from Charlotte.
• Katie Anne Griner, on No. 14, from Mom and Dad.
• Kaydence Barnes.
• David Ketron, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• David Burton.
• Bruce Sigman.
• Dustin Clouse.
• May Pack, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Hannah Goddard, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Danielle Lovins, from your family and grandpa and grandma Placek.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Matthew and Kati Gosman, from Mike Hunt and Ben Dover.
• Cecil and Maxine Jackson on No. 55, from Charles, Mary and Elsie.