Orchids to …
• Dr. Pawlus and staff for excellent care.
• all of the runners, walkers and bicyclists who were all over Columbus last weekend.
• Judy Wood for taking me out to lunch and the special birthday gifts, from Sandy.
• the enlightened who understand the U.S. Declaration of Independence says, “All men are created equal,” not just those who are like us.
• Dr. Shedd and nurse for being so kind and compassionate Tuesday afternoon, from a patient.
• the kind lady at The Dollar Tree for giving my son money to buy me a gift.
• Pam at Axsom-Franke Plumbing for making all our calls while our Internet and phone line were down, from Linda.
• the beautiful flag flying in front of Crew Car Wash.
• Dental Care at Columbus Crossing, Dr. Bolinger, Kristin and Anna for their professionalism, care and my comfort during my visit including a call back from the dentist the next day, from John Tasca.
• Hackman’s Farm Market for great fruit, veggies and especially the corn, from Rich and Roe Ryvicki.
• our neighbors on County Road 550S for stepping up and mowing our lawn, from the Jeffries.
• my family, friends and neighbors for all of their help and kindness during recent weeks, from Annie Hill.
• all, just because you exist on this planet, recognize we all possess more similarities than differences and should accept one another and play nice in the sandbox in which we all exist.
• Jim Wheatley for sharing the fresh vegetables and taking me to pick up my van, from Sandy.
• my brother Ray and my neighbor Justin for helping me put a new winter cover over my swimming pool, from Carl.
Onions to …
• Republican legislators who think keeping the minimum wage for tipped employees at $2.13 per hour for the past 22 years is the best way to save Americans money and to people who don’t understand these great American workers live primarily on tips.
• gas prices at $2.59 when a barrel of crude oil is under $44 a barrel.
• a family member who cannot make a decision on anything she does.
• newspaper that does not tell us why our power is out.
• people liking to be in control showing their weakness and insecurity.
• no one, because we are all worthy of grace, acceptance and forgiveness no matter our choices.
• gas prices going up 40 cents per gallon, it’s just ridiculous.
Happy Birthday to …
• Vickie Kraus, from your family and Donna.
• Mike Cool, from Kristyn, Gage, Faith, Harley and Graclyn.
• Rachel Lane, from LeAnn Lane.
• Roger Clark, from Nancy, Ginger, Natalie, Mollie, Frank and Reid.
• Doug Condon, from Jaylen.
• Doug Condon, from your family.
• Alexandria M. Whittington, from Aunt Elsie.
• Kayla Coombs, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Scott Schuette, from Aunt Elsie.
• Andy Norman.
• Shawn Thayer.
• Sarah Towsley.
Belated Wishes to …
• Saira Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Vesta Dafron, from Mary and Elsie.