Orchids to …
• Columbus Area Arts Council for all the great downtown activities.
• The Republic sportswriters who consistently provide us with interesting articles about our local student-athletes.
• the gracious shopper at the eastside Walmart for voluntarily getting me a power chair, from a thankful shopper.
• the city council for demonstrating courage and genuine leadership.
• Marilyn Hayes for her well-written, factual letter about Planned Parenthood and its work, from Linda L. Kelsay.
• Kerry Carr for being so supportive and putting others’ needs above your own discomfort.
• Jennifer at J.C. Penney for caring about your customers’ needs and making shopping with you a pleasant experience, from your regular customer.
• Mayor Kristen Brown and Carl Malysz for all the work they have done to clean up neighborhoods and parks, add affordable housing and find funding for long-overdue environmental studies in areas suspected to be contaminated.
• Marilyn Hayes for her great letter regarding Planned Parenthood.
• the trio at Columbus Baptist Church this past Sunday — Paul Henderson, Ken Kennedy and Wayne Bell — for the awesome song, from C.B.
• Angela and Melinda and all the teachers at Clifty Creek Elementary who helped Ashlynn while she was a student there, from Doug and Ashlynn.
• the Eagles Lodge for an awesome breakfast, from John Tinkey.
• Marilyn Hayes for her letter explaining the truth about the essential services provided by Planned Parenthood and the truth about the Center for Medical Progress.
• the city council for listening to four hours of stories of discrimination against the LGBT community and for having the political courage to do the right thing, from Bob.
• the driver of the white car on Second Street for skillfully avoiding a collision when I blindly cut them off, from the lady in the red Toyota.
• Centerstone for making a positive difference in many lives on a daily basis; you truly are unsung heroes.
Onions to …
• people who have forgotten that if you don’t get judged here, you’ll get judged in the hereafter.
• teachers who blow whistles inside a crowded school cafeteria scaring the kids, from a parent.
• my husband for acting more like a dictator than a partner.
• those spending time on all the artwork when they should just plant some flowers or a real tree.
• the grocery that ties almost all sale items to purchase of five, which is not good for singles or elderly people.
Happy Birthday to …
• Buck Jones on No. 81, from the McDonald’s Breakfast Club.
• Allison Nicole Brown on No. 4, from Mom, Dad, Jackson, Grandma and Grandpa B., Trent, Great-Grandma and Grandpa Long and all the family
• Michael George, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Robert Blackford, from your co-workers.
• Hannah Grimes on No. 14, from Nana and Paw Paw.
• Jerry Shafer, from Zoe and Sophie Shafer.
• Allen Simmons, from Courtney, Jaylen and all the family.
• Cheryl Williams, from Pam, Kenny, Brenda, Debbie, Terry, Tim, Joe and Deb, Heather, Josh, Parker, Mikayla, Beth, Dr. Tim, Luke, Katie, Byron and family.
• Vickie Girt, from Ben and your family.
• Donita Meredith, from Jean Patrick.
• Jay McNicholas.
• Matthew Robertson.
• Hector Ramirez Sr., from your family.
• Lukas Schaefer on No. 8, from all the Schaefer family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Annie on No. 50, from Joey.
• Rita and Ron Wheeler from your family, Bonnie and Donna.
Belated Wishes to …
• Don and Lorraine Gates, from your family.
• Vince and Lisa Green–Akers, from your family, friends and Donna.
• Sue and Bud Kincaid, from your family, friends, card club and Donna.
• Julie and Dave Toschlog, from your family and Donna.
• Kyle and Nina Stevens, from your family and Donna.