The Fifth Third Bank Financial Empowerment Mobile (eBus) will make two stops in Columbus as part of its initiative to provide financial information to residents who need it the most.
The 40-foot-long mobile classroom will be at be at Eastside Community Center, 421 McClure Road, from 2 to 6 p.m. today, and at the Bartholomew County Public Library, 536 Fifth St., from 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The eBus and the bankers who volunteer on site can help people with a variety of topics related to personal and professional finances, including credit counseling, financial literacy, home ownership assistance and foreclosure prevention. The eBus is Internet-equipped with 14 computer terminals for instructor-led or self-directed educational programs.
Visitors to the eBus can:
- Request a credit report and review it with a professional
- Receive personalized evaluation of finances
- Receive Internet banking and bill payment demonstrations (subject to Internet banking terms and conditions)
- Speak with nonprofit organizations regarding housing, money management and business advice
- Receive consultation on foreclosure prevention
- Conduct online job searches