Orchids to …
• the man in the white work truck at Taco Bell on State Road 46 on Thursday who paid for my drive-thru order, from the lady in the white car.
• the chocolate of Switzerland.
• the Fun Committee of Asbury United Methodist Church for the great church picnic on Sunday afternoon. There was delicious food and wonderful fellowship. Your effort is much appreciated, from Sue and John.
• the downtown neighbors who took it on themselves to clean up a badly neglected, bank-owned property on Eighth Street.
• Michelle Aton, Kurt Weisner and Lisa Weisner for following us out to the International Balloon Festival in Albuquerque and being the best chase crew ever, from Chris and Vicki.
• Kristen Brown, for her powerful and truthful column in Sunday’s paper.
• Marvin Brown at Trinity Baptist for a beautiful Sunday service, from Cindy Carlton.
• Wayne and Betty Pluris for their kindness, from John Tinkey.
• the person who wrote about county government. He was 99 percent right and he should probably think about running for government.
• Vernon Jewell and staff for being so wonderful and caring, from the Patton family.
• The Republic for continuing to publish the pink newspaper once a year which promotes cancer awareness.
• the Harrison Lakes Country Club staff for the outstanding presentation for the special occasion Saturday afternoon, from a most grateful friend.
• East-side Walmart auto, for giving me a new tire and making me a happy customer Friday, from Judy.
Onions to …
• the lady downtown who stopped, glared and snarled at the homeless individual.
• those who don’t realize criminals don’t obey gun laws such as registering, licensing and taxing.
• event patrons who disregard traffic signals and to those responsible for not putting the event in a safer location.
• the law enforcement person who parked a patrol car at a local bar Friday night.
• management and the union for allowing associates to spread rumors and cause trouble.
• The Republic for not reporting that House Republicans found no wrongdoing on the part of Planned Parenthood despite their best efforts.
• bank-owned properties in the downtown area that are so neglected and such an eyesore that neighbors step in to clean up.
• the elected official for an unprofessional letter.
• the heartless person that has anything to say about where we all put our memory stickers.
• the elected official for continuing to not tell “the rest of the story” on a number of things.
• business professionals that won’t return phone calls.
• the elected official who keeps beating a dead horse.
• the big box store that gives you so much stress at the checkout lanes that they need to sell blood-pressure medicine.
• myself, for so carelessly running the red light on Friday evening.
• a letter writer, who seems to forget that city residents are also county residents and all county residents need to be supported if there is a new tax.
• neighbors burning smokers, creating toxic air, so that people with asthma cannot open their windows at night or sit outside on crisp autumn days.
• officials for not enforcing existing ordinances.
• editors of the local newspaper for not doing their jobs correctly.
• inconsiderate person on the motorbike who took two handicap parking spots but did not have a handicap plate or placard.
• the person who stole my Chicago Cubs floor mats from my car at the car wash.
• the rude, bitter old man that verbally attacked my daughter Tuesday at the fish restaurant for no reason.
• those who complain about a pink newspaper, from a mother whose daughter battles breast cancer.
Happy Birthday to …
• Emma Ault
• Mark Webber
• Rosemary Cravens from your family and Brenda, Velma, Woody, Kathy, Debbie, and Carol.
Belated Wishes to …
• Elum VanEst, on No. 10, from Nana.
• Carol Gleason from Duke and Debbie Floyd.
• Riley Coers from Aunt Teresa, Uncle Craig, and Natasha.
• Steve Coffman from Beth, Laura, Aaron, Sarah, Ryder, Remington, Dale, Louise and the rest of the family.
• Jason Carlstrom. We love you, from Nikia, Cris, Anamiah and Lily.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Wayne and Betty Pluris from John Tinkey.
• Jeff and Adora Paetzel from friends at the Moravian Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• Pastor Mike and Jill Newlin, on Oct. 12, from your family at Dove Ministries.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning