Orchids to …
• Columbus Indiana Philharmonic for an energetic and captivating performance this weekend with Time for Three, from an inspired arts supporter.
• Dr. Allison Royer and CRH outpatient surgery staff for taking extra special care of my baby boy Wednesday morning and Sarah in recovery for keeping a close eye on him and updating us even though he was still asleep, from Kamden’s mom.
• the retired fireman who paid for my family’s dinner at Amazing Joe’s last week, we appreciate your generosity.
• Travis Calhoun for helping with our tire emergency, from The Pralls.
• HK Automotive for the great diagnosis and repair which saved me hundreds of dollars over what another shop wanted to charge.
• the Cummins Integrated Systems team and Stephen who excellently loaded and packed 1,221 boxes of clothes, six bikes and one teddy bear for the Orphan Grain Train container headed to Latvia and thank you for your hard work and energy, from Orphan Grain Train.
• Aditya Mantri and all the teen helpers who have made Aceing Autism tennis lessons a wonderful experience for our children, from the Columbus Autism Network.
• the family in the silver Sebring who paid for my breakfast Friday in the drive-thru at Burger King, you made me smile all day, from the lady in the blue Trax.
• Sherry Grimes for her letter to the editor, from those who fully agree.
• all those who have helped me through a difficult time of sorrow, from John Tinkey.
• Gary Lynch for using your own money to fill pot holes in our addition, from the Bethal Village residents.
• our daughter, Delaney Cooney, we are very proud of you for getting straight A’s, from mom and dad.
• the Rae family for assisting me on a country road in the middle of nowhere and going above and beyond because my spare tire was flat also, from Sally Fribley.
• the three different cars who stopped to check and see if I needed assistance while I was waiting for my car to be repaired as there are still caring people in this world.
Onions to …
• the medical personnel for a total lack of compassion and explaining what was going on during my visit, making my experience the worst I’ve ever had.
• the manager at a local store for chasing off all of the experienced staff so that she can bring in her friends.
• those who disregard stop signs and those who do not come to a complete stop before turning right at a red light.
• our legal system for letting those who strangle someone get out on a small bond amount.
• the person who didn’t leave a tip and listened to someone’s personal conversation and then wrote an Onion about it.
• elected officials for not giving much-needed pay raises to county employees.
• parents who pay more attention to their phone than their children.
• the highway department for ignoring the dangerous rut on the berm on northbound U.S. 31 at Southern Crossing.
• the mom at the retail store last Thursday who was too busy on her phone to watch her daughter as she appeared to enjoy that peanut M&M she picked up off the floor and ate.
• the local law enforcement department that wants to enact a fee for specific services because of a perceived lack of revenue, but allows the officers to use their vehicles for personal use which puts additional miles on the vehicle which leads to extra required maintenance.
• those who are unable to refrain from speaking during a movie disrupting others in the theater who are trying to enjoy the movie.
• the homeowners on both Main Street and East Street in Taylorsville who leave their garbage cans in the road, endangering the drivers in our community.
• the restaurant on the west side of Columbus that made us wait an hour-and-a-half and then we received cold food.
• the volunteer parking person at the church with the angry attitude even after explaining the disability of someone in our car.
• parents who let their children scream and be rowdy, disrupting the whole church service.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sheila Snively.
• Mike Steigerwalt.
• Alta Morris, from Philip and Carol.
• Joyce Smith, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Marie Fischer, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Dennis Herron, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Luke Robertson.
• John Beeker.
• Lynne Misner.
• Ethan Frazee.
• Amy Carter.
• Madisyn Sims.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dennis and Tina Bailon, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ron and Cheryl Placek, on No. 25, from your family and friends.
Belated Wishes to …
• Laura and Jason Barbieri on No. 12, from Grace Barbieri.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning