Orchids to …
• parents for bringing their children of all ages to church, as the task may be difficult, but the rewards will be great, from a St. Bartholomew parishioner.
• Sunrise Rotary members for picking up trash on a two-mile stretch of West State Road 46 on a frosty Saturday morning, from Lyn Morgan.
• Daden Lloyd and Ashley Norman for their recent engagement, from John Tinkey.
• Cummins Inc. for the awesome tour of Plant 1 and the Mac wheel, from Ronnie and Sheilla Allen.
• the person who found my postage stamps and returned them to the front desk at the post office.
• Brian at AT&T for all your help, from a happy customer.
• the veterans hospital, nurses, Covered Bridge Health Campus and everyone who had a part in taking care of my son, William E. Patterson Sr., before he passed away, from Jane Patterson.
• Officer Alyson Rech for an amazing tour of the police department, from your new friends in Cub Scout Pack 559’s Wolf Den.
• the person who wrote the article on Toys for Tots, as it was very well written, from Evelyn Garwood.
• the gentlemen who paid for my and my father’s dinner last Thursday night at a restaurant west of town.
• Troy Bishop for your 25-year anniversary with AT&T, from Loretta.
Onions to …
• parents who spell their kids’ names so weird that you can hardly tell what it is.
• the city for the traffic sensor on Waycross Drive at Taylor Road that is still not repaired.
• my employer for not addressing whether we are getting laid off and allowing rumors and speculation to run wild.
• mean old grumps.
• the squirrel that flips its tail and laughs while tormenting my dog.
• public defenders who don’t do their jobs.
• homeowners on the county road who set their garbage out in the road.
• churches whose music is too loud.
• those who approved the new wrecker site in Edinburgh.
• drivers who don’t turn right on red.
• the driver who was texting and almost smashed into me while I was sitting at a stoplight.
Happy Birthday to …
• Anna Krueger, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Diane Shuffitt, from Tina, John, John, Lauryn, Courtney, Canaan, Keighney and Jazmine.
• Joyce Williamson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Thomas L. Ellison.
• Bethany Mize, from the Mize family.
• Macy Coers on No. 12, from Nana.
• Bill Hill, from the family.
• Carol Burton, from your hubby Ted and kids De, Sandy and Curt.
• Nancy Renshaw, from a friend.
• Sophia Ramirez, from Hector, Susan, Maria, KeiAndre, Nakia, Conner and Canden.
• Kyron and Colis, from grandma and grandpa.
• Jeremy Bridges, from Bethel Baptist Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• JoAnna Hooten, from Tim Hooten.
• Karson Wayne Kummer on No. 1, from “MeMaw” Brandy and “sissy” Allison.
• our grandson, Garritt Noble on No. 17, from Nene and Pap.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ben and Katie Newton.
• Paul and Carol Ashbrook.
• Don and Patsy Harris.
• Brent and Brenda McKinney.
• Carletta White on No. 38, from your husband Mark White.