Orchids to …
• the McDonald clan, for coming to our rescue and moving our pool table, saving our remodel, from Jack and Rhonda.
• Mom and Dad for making the couple of hours we go out to eat the best part of my week.
• Dawson Smith for being an exceptionally caring young man and for doing absolutely the right thing in an emergency, from a proud school staff member.
• Kay Gibson for being very compassionate and loving and looking out for others instead of yourself, from a very special friend.
• Cummins Inc. for the awesome tour of Plant 1 and the nice meal, from Ronnie and Sheilla Allen.
• Marian Kirby for being the best sister-in-law, for your love and caring in difficult times and for being at my side no matter what happens, from John.
Onions to …
• the person for giving me a ticket Monday for parking in front of a theater for two minutes to mail a letter when the parking lot is closed for construction.
• people who burn my nostrils with the stench of fake ego-inflated arrogance.
• the doctor who refused to help me get a second opinion and banned me from the clinic when I disagreed with him.
• animal rescue places that won’t help to pick up four homeless cats that will probably turn into 40 more.
• little-town offices that harass people in a housing addition.
• the person who correctly recognizes that you don’t have to turn right on red, but doesn’t realize that it’s the courteous thing to do when there are people waiting behind you.
• the elected official who made flip remarks in Thursday’s Republic about a church being razed.
• newspapers that print someone’s past instead of current facts.
Happy Birthday to …
• Dakota Turpin, from your family.
• Patti March, from your family and Donna.
• Ashleigh Shaw, from your family and Donna.
• Cooper Bontrager, Josh McClain and Don Williamson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tanner Dean.
• Chelsey Nading.
• Kaleb Hines, from Dove Ministries.
Belated Wishes to …
• Kyron Colis, from Grandma and Grandpa.
• Gwen, from Minnie, Gene and Zach.
• Virginia Finley, on Oct. 20, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Dale Maschino, from everyone in the Maschino and Allman families.
• Sheila Snively, on Oct. 20, from Reba and Jimmie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ron and Mary Jeanne Wolf, on Nov. 50, from Bob.
• Jackie Gibson, on No. 34, from Kay.
• Jackie and Kay Gibson, on No. 34, from your family.