• Thought for the Day
• “The world cares very little what you or I know, but it does care a great deal about what you or I do.”
• — Booker T. Washington
Orchids to …
• St. Bartholomew School students and staff for the wonderful Veterans Day Program, from an appreciative veteran.
• First Church of the Nazarene for all of your love and graciousness for the Columbus Behavioral Center students.
• the entire staff at Prompt Med for exemplary, five-star service.
• Eric Michaels for rocking so hard.
• the two boys at Schmitt Elementary who took down the flag Wednesday afternoon in the respectful and proper manner in which it should be done, from a grateful veteran.
• Charlotte Battin for the fantastic USO show, which was fun and well organized, from Cindy.
• Hauser High School for an awesome Veterans Day program on Wednesday, from Gary McLellan.
• Superintendent John Quick for his on-target letter concerning ISTEP and its horrendous testing in Indiana, from a concerned teacher and parent.
• the wonderful pastors and staff at First United Methodist Church for all they do to make the church a wonderful place to be.
• Violet for being such a kind and generous lady to your server on Thursday night.
• Roberto Potenza for the Starbucks chocolate chunk cookie when dropping off Vitor’s backpack, from Debbie Greene.
• Smith Elementary School and everyone involved in the wonderful Veterans Day program there, from Clyde and Libby Neal.
• Columbus Signature Academy Fodrea and everyone involved in the wonderful Veterans Day program, from Clyde and Libby Neal.
• Paul and the girls at Quick Signs for the awesome job printing and installing the window graphics in the office hallway reinforcing our school rules, from the staff of Richards Elementary School.
• Cummins for all the volunteers for the wonderful STEM night, from Smith staff.
• the kind gentleman who bought two ladies supper at Bob Evans on Thursday night. We will pay it forward.
• Fred Allman for Friday’s letter to the editor.
Onions to …
• Ashton for bogarting the mayonnaise.
• county employees getting a bonus of $750 to offset the cost of high insurance when no one else gets a bonus for this kind.
• those who think you have to be a Republican to be conservative because not all Democrats are across-the-board liberals.
• to the guy that has nothing else to do but sit around and call the paper to make sure his name is in there every day.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Battin, from your family, Vince, Lisa and Donna.
• Scott Harris, from Pastor Carl and The OutReach.
• Lynn Dishinger, from Pastor Carl and The OutReach.
• Walt Satterfield, from Bethal Baptist Church.
• Mikel Lee, from Mom, Grandma Roberts, Lindsey, Logan, Joslin, Gavin and Jeremiah.
• Stacey Ward, from Steve.
• Karen Childers, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Merrill Clouse, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sharon Bruner.
• Michella Lee, from Mom, Dad, Steph, Francis, Justin and Jean.
• Todd Crull.
• Ashley Asbury, from all of your family and friends.
• Jeremy Newland, from all of your family and friends.
Belated Wishes to …
• Brenda McDonald, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Melissa Settle, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sherry Kaiser, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jane Bush, from friends of OES (Order of the Eastern Star)
Happy Anniversary to …
• Lloyd and Joyce Smith, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Paul and Pam Nading, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning