Orchids to …
• David Ness for going the extra mile to make sure our group had a successful Festival of Lights event. You are very much appreciated, from a parade group.
• John at Bob Poynter Columbus for your sincere contribution to Lonnie’s funeral expenses as you are a wonderful person, from Lonnie Clymer’s family.
• the lady in the silver Jeep for buying my breakfast and wishing me Merry Christmas this morning at the McDonald’s drive-thru, as it made my day, from the man in the white pickup truck.
• Priscilla Scalf for all her hard work as Bartholomew County Democratic Central Committee chairperson as her efforts are much appreciated.
• Columbus Moose Lodge for its very generous contributions to the pediatric unit, from the CRH Pediatric Unit.
• Nancy and Ron Spurgeon and Orletta for the wonderful Christmas open house you had for the Red Hot Chili Peppers Red Hats, from Marilyn Crouch.
• Kristin Whittington for the beautiful poinsettias, from Aunt Mary and Aunt Elsie.
• Alexa for helping get my laundry started at the Warsh House, from Sandy.
• Legends Beauty Salon for its beautiful Christmas tree and other decorations.
• Lois Patterson for all of her many kindnesses, from the neighbors in Talley Square.
• Amy Henderson-Chandler for the beautiful bald eagle photo, it was absolutely perfect.
• all the carolers from Lakeview Church of Christ for a great job singing Monday night. I loved it, from Marsha Pedigo.
• the ladies from First Christian Church for an awesome visit Wednesday afternoon, from Linda Harden.
• Dia of Kohl’s department store for assisting me with my shopping Tuesday, from Mary.
• R. Andrew Robertson for his excellent letter to the editor, from Mark.
• the lady who paid for my meal at Sirloin Stockade on Wednesday night.
• people who realize Jesus, Mary and Joseph were also refugees.
Onions to …
• the car dealership that closed the car wash.
• the big retail store that only had two cashiers at each end with about 20 customers in line at each.
• the big local store for not checking a lady out with all jewelry in the jewelry department, and said it had to be fine jewelry, from a very unsatisfied customer.
• people who gamble their money away then gripe about the cost of living and their medical bills.
• people who need to mind their own business about who others vote for.
• the large department store which has poor customer service and many coupons which are basically useless.
• people who did not vote and to those who voted for the president.
• drivers on the interstate who always insist on traveling in the left lane and won’t move over as others come up behind them.
• the newspaper carrier who can’t get the papers here on time.
• the local restaurant waitress who left my carry-out food on the bar to get cold.
• to those for tearing down the barns on Rocky Ford Road.
Happy Birthday to …
• Angel Link, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ester Barnsfather, from John, Tina and all the family.
• Kimberly Estep.
• Keith Gilbert, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Abby McFall, from Brown’s Corner Chapel Church.
• Nancy Carter, from your family and Donna.
• Adam Sweet.
• Abby Irvine.
• Ava Jones, from Teresa Craig, Natasha, Brenda, Bryson and the rest of your family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jimmy Green, from Dad, Mom, Lisa, Bryan and Crystal.
• Rosie Morrin on No. 3, from Aunt Norma Gentry.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Chuck and Linda Crossland on No. 45, from your church family.
• Terry Crossland on No. 45, from Linda.