The following holiday closings have been announced:
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) license branches will be closed on Thursday and Friday in observance of the Christmas holiday. All license branches resume normal business hours on Saturday. In addition, license branches will be closed on Jan. 1 in observance of New Year’s Day. All license branches resume normal hours of operation on Jan. 2.
- The Columbus City Utilities office will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Regular business hours resume Monday. The office also will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Regular business hours resume Jan. 4. Anyone with a water or sewer service problem should call 812-372-8861 and follow the prompts.
- Columbus Department of Public Works will have normal trash pickup on Thursday. However, the department is closed and no routes will be run on Friday. On Saturday, crews will run the Friday trash and recycling routes. Also, Dec. 31 will have a normal trash pickup schedule. The department will be closed Jan. 1 and no routes will be run. On Jan. 2, the Jan. 1 trash and recycling routes will be run.
- From Monday through Jan. 15, Columbus Department of Public Works will collect residential Christmas trees at curbside. No Christmas tree collection will be done in alleys. Christmas tree collection is the same day of regular trash pickup. The trees must not be in bags and must be free of all decorations, nails, garland, tinsel, stands and hooks. Call-ins for Christmas tree pickup are not available and Christmas trees will not be collected from private streets.
- The Bartholomew County Landfill will close at 1 p.m. Thursday and will be closed Friday.
- The Bartholomew County Solid Waste Management District office and recycling center is closed all day Thursday and Friday.