An employee at Advanced Molding & Engineering Inc. in Columbus was in stable condition after suffering a flash burn to his hand.
Columbus firefighters were called to the company at 7980 S. International Drive about 2 p.m. Tues- day after the incident was reported.
Myron Moorman, one of the company owners, said the employee was unplugging a piece of equipment and the outlet malfunctioned and burned his hand.
When firefighters arrived, they said the man was conscious and alert and was in stable condition when taken to Columbus Regional Hospital, said Capt. Mike Wilson, Columbus Fire Department spokesman.
Firefighters said they believe an electrical arc caused the injury, Wilson said.