Orchids to …
• Ms. Crubaugh for your well-written opinion letter in Friday’s issue saying that behavior we discourage in children should be unacceptable in presidential candidates as well.
• Tracy at That Special Touch for your help and friendly attitude as you are so appreciated, from Meghan and Shelby.
• those who attended the National Alliance on Mental Illness Faith Net meeting at St. Peter’s on Thursday.
• Mayor Lienhoop for putting in place the changes that we the people of Columbus voted for. I applaud your decisions and am gratified that my vote is respected.
• The Republic for their intelligent editorial Jan. 28 on ensuring reasonable gun control for the safety of our children.
• the kind strangers who bought our dinner Friday at IHOP. We will pass it on.
• Judy Romine for her kindness and caring for her neighbors, from an old friend.
• Hannah at Best Friends Animal Clinic for being so kind and always having the pet’s and owner’s best interests at heart.
Happy Birthday to …
• Pam Carr, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Betsy Downey.
• Josh Ross, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dottie Sims.
• Laynie Green.
• Jordan Shoaf.
• Grey Goldman, from Browns Corner Chapel Church.
• Jeff Oakes.
• John Hall, from your family and friends.
Belated Wishes to …
• Gibby West on No. 5, from Mammaw and Pappaw.
• Jacob Simo, from Grandma and Grandpa Weddle.
• Justin Harvey, from Aunt Elsie.
• Maya Smith, from Aunt Elsie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Gladys Hedrick on No. 90.
• Steve Casey on No. 25, from Laverne.
• Bill and Mary Price, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Mike, on No. 41, from your wife, Carolyn.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning