Orchids to …
• The Republic for its awesome coverage of the Columbus North girls basketball team both before and after its amazing run to a second consecutive state final.
• all those people in the Onions column who are calling attention to Hillary Clinton’s book.
• Applebee’s for the truly amazing service.
• Curt and Lisa Zwanzig for collaborating with us for our annual pizza bingo night for families, from the Southside PTO.
• Mendi Richards for the delicious chicken and noodle lunch you made for us, from First Presbyterian preschool teachers and staff.
• Bev Brown for the delicious dinner she brought to us while I am recuperating, from Aunt Janice and Uncle Gene.
• Allison at Liberty Tax for great customer service.
• City of Columbus trash collectors for closing the lids of toters, especially on a rainy day.
• Bill Gelfius for a tremendously well-written letter of common sense regarding the CFO/CAFO regulations.
Onions to …
• those who don’t understand how powerful addiction is.
• those who continue to enable illegal aliens as they have broken the law.
• the people who bash a good politician for the book she wrote.
• the people who waste time reading Hillary Clinton’s book.
• big movie theaters for their ridiculous prices.
• neighbors who are too lazy to pick up trash in their yard and to all the people who throw trash out of their vehicle when driving down the road.
• the people who think that Hillary Clinton’s book isn’t relevant in assessing her character.
• the unprofessional behavior of a local real estate agent.
• people who drive and fiddle with their cellphones.
• the people who haven’t figured out we will not be silenced until the entire current administration is impeached or behind bars.
• those who don’t realize you can shut the door of transparency but you can’t silence the citizens.
• any employer who does not recognize people who are retiring in good taste and asking fellow employees to foot the bill.
• landlords who expect disabled tenants to spend all of their money on repairs to the home they are renting.
• The Republic for not publishing bowling scores in the same manner they used to.
• groups that can’t afford proper maintenance and landscaping for our architectural gems anymore and for relying on the community to assist them each year.
Happy Birthday to …
• Linda Belser, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Emily Nunemaker, from Kim and Randy.
• Nadine Reed, from Browns Corner Chapel Church.
• Don Mize, from Howard and Clora Mize.
• Daniell Green, from Mo and Aunt Ann.
• Mickey May, from your favorite Aunt Druscilla.
• Rylin Burge, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Scott Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Zachary Crull.
• Riley Ellison.
• Susi Robbins.
• Brad Stinebring, from your family.
• Barb Maus, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Lynieca Brooks, from Darrin, Raylene and Denisa.
• Amelia Thompson, from Steve and Vickie.
• Martha Titus, from your co-workers in the mortgage department.
• Martha Titus, from your cousin, Janice.
• the Rev. Orville Turner, from the Sixth Street General Baptist Church.
• Carmen Kreinhagen, from Mom.
Belated Wishes to …
• Pauline Fox on No. 90, from your friends at Bethel Holiness Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mike and Janet Ketron.