Orchids to …
• those who participated in, helped out, hosted, planned, organized, donated or sponsored our annual DSI Golf Classic. We appreciate you and value you and are grateful for those who support children with disabilities.
• those who recognize the great things our president, Barack Obama, has done for our country.
• the City Street Department for fixing a pothole Tuesday that I called in about Monday. I’m so glad I live in Columbus.
• John Armstrong for his letter in Friday’s paper on Kate Hamilton’s freedom to express, yet religious freedom cannot be expressed by the same representation. Great point, John!
• Troy Love for bringing my driver’s license to my house after he and his wife found it. Thank you so much, from Elaine Gardner.
• all my friends and all the nurses who have helped me through my heart problems, rehab and medicine, from Carl Phelps.
• Athens Animal Clinic for the compassion and kindness shown to Molly Joe during her illness and then her passing, from Carl and Lucy Gibson.
• Aleesa Dickerson, Brittany Young, FFA members for helping vendors set up and carry produce to the cars and all the vendors who took time to sell homemade items in Hope on Friday night.
• the nice young man in Hope who aired up my tire May 29 at Huck’s Grocery Store, from an old lady in Hope.
• Pam Clark, who took the time to come to Hope and visit the Farmers Market.
• Excel Glass Company for an awesome pig roast.
• Kaleigh in the radiology department in Columbus hospital for being so kind and helpful.
• a lot of the farmers who donate their surplus eggs to the food pantry.
• Morgan Abel for her commitment to mental health wellness advocacy.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joan Schoettmer from Mark, Kim, Jean, Anna, Kathy, Karen, George and Wilma.
• Tim Crull.
• Douglas Bruce Figman.
• Alano Julie Harker.
• Caydin Anderson.
• Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Mark Hartwell, from Debbie, Mia and Bryn.
• Julie Knapp, from Daddy and Mommy.
• Madison Beaver, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Amanda and Glen Burden, from Dove Ministries.
• Ronnie and Linda Belser, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning