Orchids to …
• Judy Castaneda, a special grandmother, for giving your whole being to ensure a beautiful childhood for your grandchildren, stepping up when I went to prison and for all you do, from Kevin.
• CRH EMTs and nurses who took care of Room 404 over the weekend, from Mike T.
• Gary Scroggins for the photo in Tuesday’s paper, showing the beauty in deteriorating buildings as nature takes them back.
• local officials who now realize that addiction is a disease of the brain and that people should receive the support of their community and rehab without fear of arrest.
• Amy and Sunny at Old National Bank.
• Starbucks on National Road for allowing me the space to have conversations with people on matters of faith, from the Rev. Marc Vance.
• John Collier of Moore’s Roofing for being right on time Tuesday morning and for being so helpful.
• Drew Hundley on medical school graduation, from your friends on 5 Tower at Columbus Regional.
• Burt’s Pest Control for being honest when they could have charged me a large fee for nothing.
• whoever found my jacket at Columbus North High School.
Onions to …
• people who block the public sidewalks with their trash toters and recycling toters.
• people who think everyone has freedom of speech except for Christians.
• those in charge of Take Your Best Shot for putting in a picture of an old, deteriorating building.
• small claims court for not being able to distinguish between bald-faced lies and truths during a slumlord case.
• those who don’t realize that funeral processions take precedence over everything going on in the road and that they get a police escort.
• Columbus leaders for not cleaning up junk cars and porches full of stuff south of town.
Happy Birthday to …
• Gloria Caudill, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Tom Caudill, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Linda Sullivan, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• J. B. Freeman, from Marian, Imojene, Papaw, the Millers and the Kirbys.
• Angela Allison, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Mark Dodd, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nathan Barriger.
• Adam Norberg.
• Josh Beeker.
• Sarah Bailey.
• Lavon Wasson.
• Alex Taylor.
• Michelle Emmert.
• Matthew Scott on No. 21, from Mom, Dad, Allison, Jordan, Kaye and Judy.
• Tobi Kay DuLong on No. 13, love Mom, Dad, Logan, Grandma, Grandpa and Judy.
• Gracelan Manning, from Grandma and Grandpa Weddle.
• J. B. Freeman, from Jeanette, Rita, Karen, Debbie, Wayne, your grandkids and great-grandkids.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Robert and Kim Baughman, from friends at the Moravian Church.